Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Knitting..... ACTUAL KNITTING!

I was planning on taking you on a photographic tour of my new town, but mother nature decided to dump snow on us for a few days. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to take some Montana pictures :-)

We didn't end up in the rental house that I spoke about a few posts ago. We are in a house near hubby's store. It's a smaller home than I am used to, but the convenience of being so close to his work won out. The town is very nice and I can walk almost everywhere. Sure saves on gas money! Of course I am not walking anywhere in this weather!

Here is one Mama Llama sock done. I messed up on the top of the foot. That's what I get for trying to knit while in the back seat of a jeep. While we were visiting Montana in October after our nephew passed away, we drove a total of 1300 miles in 5 days across Idaho and Montana. That was a lot of knitting time for me. Of course I can't look at my knitting while riding or I get car sick. Not looking at my knitting = mistakes. I didn't care enough to rip it back :-)


Mama Llama DK in Vino
Size 3 needles

Now I have to cast on for the second one. These were for my Mother in Law...but I hate to give away flawed knitting...

This is my Spiralucious cowl. It should be done tonight. I love the pattern but I have to say that I am very disappointed with the customer service. I bough the pattern about a month ago. I printed it out and never saved it. In the move I lost the printed pattern and emailed the owner of KnitSpot and told her what happened. I never got an email back. Not even an acknowledgement that I sent an email. I really wanted to finish it so I bought the pattern again. I even wrote a note in the paypal invoice asking that she refund my $ if she could verify that I bought this twice. Again, nothing. I like her patterns but at this point I don't think I will buy one from her again.

Modeled shots tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've heard similar complaints about that designer. If you lose your copy of her downloaded patterns, she will not replace them. I've chosen to try patterns from other designers that are known to help customers out :)

Looks good though!

Anonymous said...

I bought a shawl pattern from Fiddlesticks in Canada, same thing happened to me, lost tha pattern, and she happily emailed me the missing pages. Of course, the day after I found the missing pages in my disaster area of an office!