I thought I would get this filled out for my secret pal. Please bear in mind that it is 3 am…..The baby is awake and we have no TV since it was knocked out by a hail storm tonight…..
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I have never knit with Lion Brand or Red Heart, but have been told by many not to use it so I guess I am a bit of a yarn snob/
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Well, I have asthma so smoke is a big no no.
4. How long have you been knitting? Only about 7 months now. I learned a long time ago but never really did anything with it.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do, I have to get a link back up in my side bar…but you can search under my name at Amazon.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Oh I like food smells. But bath stuff is Love Story by Victoria’s Secret. I guess any “light” smells.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yes :-)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do cross stitch a little beading and I like to do work on the house….like painting and taking down wallpaper (yes I am weird).
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Country mostly and yes I can play MP3’s
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Pink is my favorite color, but I really love all earthy, autumn colors. I can’t stand bright red…..muted red ok, bright red, no.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with 3 children, Katie who is 3, Ben who is 2, and James who is 3 months. No pets right now.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) My dream is to raise my three children to be well rounded adults……that and get paid to be a genealogist
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? So far I have really liked working with every yarn that I have tried. Oh wait, that’s not true. I make a fun fur scarf for a little girl and I HATED that stuff. I guess I don’t like novelty yarns.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? See Above….fun fur and I like yarn that is not really funky. I like the tailored look to things, lace and what not so the think and thick yarns are a turn off to me.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I am loving making socks. And my first sweater is really fun.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Well to be honest I love knitting dishcloths. I can make then in no time and it makes me feel like I have accomplished something.
17. What are you knitting right now? Socks, a sweater for my son, a cowl, and some dishcloths.
18. What do you think about ponchos? Ummm not for me, although I had one when I was pregnant last winter since I didn’t have a coat.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straight is it can be used.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or other wood. I despise plastic and aluminum.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Ummm Yes
22. How did you learn to knit? My wonderful Mother taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months, a cowel out of silk and alpaca that I won’t need until winter.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I LOVE cows! But not cutesy cows….more country looking.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love fall and winter and having family all around.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Oh wow, don’t get me started. I collect Wade whimsies (come in Red Rose Tea…they are different in Canada so if any Canadians want to send me some, I’ll be that happiest woman alive), Jasperware Wedgwood, Pie Birds, Postcards (old and new) and well, anything Genealogy.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Ummm not really, I have a bunch of sock books but not much else knitting.