Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all the veterans out there. Make sure you take some time today to think of all the sacrifices that the men and women, past and present, of our military have made for us. I know that itÂ’s just a three day weekend to most, but it really is so much more.

So happy Veterans Day to my Father, all but one of my UncleÂ’s, and to my Brother in Law who is currently special forces. IÂ’m proud to call you family.

I have been tagged by Jennifer for a meme so here it goes:

What is your all-tifavoriteite yarn to knit with? That is hard....I really like Lornas Lace and Koigu.

Yofavoriteite needles? I really like Bamboo but I did get a pair of Addi's for the last shawl I did and fell in love with them.

The worst thing you've ever knit? So far it's been Ben's sweater.... but after I rip out the neckline it won't be so bad.

Yofavoriteite knit pattern? I really liked the Leaf Lace Shawl and the Waving Lace socks that I did for my Sockapaloza pal.

Most valuable knitting technique? lol The knit stitch???

Best knit book or magazine? I really don't have too many knitting books. I love the book that my SP just sent me.....The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns. (Bad me, I have to blog my thank you to her)

Yofavoriteite knitalong? The Sockapaloza one that Alison just did. It's the first one that I finished!

Yofavoriteite knitblogs? Humm I like them all..... I read Catherine, Sockbug, Cara, Birdsong, Heather, Chris and MJ first.......but I have hundreds on my bloglines that I try to read when I have time.

Your favourite knitwear designer? I love the Debbie Bliss designs, classic and beautiful.

The knit item you wear the most? My Koigu socks..... (shhhh I didn't knit them, my Mom did )

Who to tag? Cath, Birdsong, and you :-)


I am making some felted ballerina slippers for Katie. I have one done and thought I could finish the other tonight....but I can't. I must go to bed. DH has commandeered the TV and I do NOT want to watch war movies. So once I am finished with this, I may just go read a book in bed!

No comments: