1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Humm, well, I like to knit with wool of course. I am not really into novelty yarns or any yarns that are "fuzzy" such as mohair. I don't like cotton because it hurts my hands, but I do use it to knit dishcloths.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a needle case for my DPN's, but nothing for my straights. My circulars are stored in their original packaging.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 3 years now. My Mother, who learned when she was a child, taught me to knit. It's hard for me to say what level I am. I can knit lace very well, but a sweater scares me.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do. I'll have to update it. Its an amazon one and I will link to it when I update.
5. What's your favorite scent? I love cooking smells. Pumpkin pie or coffee candles.....smells like that.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? A BIG one. I love Tootsie Rolls....but really any chocolate makes me happy!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I cross stitch and would really like to learn to do more beading. I don;t spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to everything, but mostly pop and country.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love soft pinks and soft yellows. Also earth tones are nice. The only color I don;t like is Christmas Red!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have 3 kids ages 6, 4, and 2. We just got a cat last week named Peaches.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, Hats and Mittens, Yes. Poncho's, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit socks, and hats are fun too :-)
13. What are you knitting right now? A blanket for my FIL, socks for me, a tank top, and a couple of dishcloths.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like DPN's for socks. I just got some Knitpicks DPN's and I am in LOVE with them. Both circular and straights have their place. As well, metal and bamboo have their place.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? hummmm, a year or two
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's my favorite time of year!!!
19. Is there anything that you collect? COWS!!!! I love cows. I am also slowly collecting Noro Kureon for a Lizard Ridge blanket
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love the KnitPicks Options circular needles. I have been dropping hints for Christmas. They also have a sock set that I would like.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to do colorwork
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yup! I wear a 7.5 ladies shoe
23. When is your birthday? Jan 8th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I am and it is KnitWitMomma