Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Secret Pal is a sneaky one...and a FO




Last weekend my oldest, my youngest and myself went down to the Sacramento area for a little shopping. Once I got there I called DH to let him know we were there and he told me I had gotten something in the mail from Filatis. I told him to open it because I had no idea what it was. It was a gift certificate from my secret pal! How cool is that. Only bad thing is I was going there that day and didn't have it with my to spend! The good news is that you can now purchase my stitch markers there! What a fun and easy way to make a little extra money.




I also knitted up my first Bogga Bag last week. It only took me 3 days and it is so cute! My plan was I was going to give it to my sister for her birthday but now I am not sure. I may have to keep it for myself!

I really haven't been knitting. My project for the last day was this.....





The first picture is what my kitchen walls used to look like (ummm can you say 70's) and the next is what they look like now. 2 layers of wallpaper. I am only going to remove the top layer...I think the next layer has been there since the 50's or 40's and I am not going to mess with it. Once we get the walls repaired and primed we have to decide whether to wallpaper or paint. I think that maybe paint with a wallpaper boarder would be nice. I just have to figure out the best way to remove the glue that the old wallpaper left on the even older wallpaper.....

No comments: