Saturday, October 08, 2005

An Almost FO

I thought I would have a picture of my finished Leaf Lace Shawl but no. Just before I started the edging I took it off the needles to see how big it would be....I thought it was a little small. So I put it back on the needles and did one more pattern repeat. I started the edging last night. My goal is to have it done by Monday. My parents are coming up tomorrow and if it's done than Mom can take it back to the shop where the owner will block it.

It is supposed to be a Christmas present for Greg's grandmother but I think I will send it to her when it's finished. I think she will get some use out of it before winter since Montana has already had snow!!!

I'll be glad once the shawl is finished....then I can move on to more Christmas knitting. My plan is to make something for my Mom, my Sister, and if I can squeeze it out, something for Greg's two sisters. I have decided on the Patches of Berries Scarf from Koigu for Mom. I have heard awful things about this pattern and haven't found anyone who had done it yet. So we will see if I can do it. I ordered the Koigu from Patternworks and boy it sure takes a long time to get here! That will be the next thing on the needles.

I have been wanting to make the "Friday Harbor Socks" from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. I fell in love with them on Jackie's blog. Maybe in the new year I will knit something for myself. Of course I have to get the book first.

I have joined Lolly's Socktoberfest since I am knitting mates for two socks this month. Should be a fun knit a long.

Well, long entry and no pictures. I'll have to post more today. I have to show off my needle exchange gift..and tell you about the swap I started!

No comments: