Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's been a long time comin!

I have a FO to show you. I finally finished the socks that I was making for my Sister in Law. Today is her birthday, and she should be receiving these tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. It's perfect timing as the weather in Montana is starting to turn chilly. I'm glad I took these pictures a few day ago, we have been inundated with smoke for about three days now.There is a fire not too far away, far enough that we don't have to worry about it, but close enough that breathing outside is a little hard. Birdsong, are you smoked out too?

Here are the Sister in Law socks. The first socks that I have ever blocked! They really look nice when they are blocked. They are a simple 64 stitch, basic sock. KnitPicks Sock Garden, US 2's. Now tell me WHY they took a year to finish?




Now, maybe I have never blocked socks before because I didn't have the PERFECT sock blockers. I do now! Thanks to Becky at Leggy Creations, I have the perfect blockers. Really. Look. Can you tell that I really like cows? I told her I wanted cow ones, and gave a little direction on the type of cows, and look what she made me!!!! They will have a special place on my wall when they are not in use. I LOVE THEM!


No comments: