Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wiping the tears away....

About a month ago, I came across a blogger that was in need of a row counter. Normally this would just mean a trip to the LYS....but see this blogger lives in ICELAND! So I offered to send her one in the mail. No big deal....

Of course I couldn't just send a row counter. I sent her some of my stitch markers and some sock yarn, Brown sheep's Wildfote. I also just sent some to my SP and she flipped over it (i'm safe saying this because I am SURE my SP has never even heard of me). Well, my Icelandic friend got her package and she wrote a post that made me cry.....and cry....and cry. My darling daughter even came over and gave me a hug and told me everything was ok :-) It sure makes me feel good to make someone else happy! Go read her blog.....she is an amazing knitter.

On the knitting front, I have finished my first waving lace sock and have started on the second. I'll be posting pictures of it tomorrow. I'm getting nervous that my pal won't like them......SO I just want to say that if the knitter that is knitting ME socks is reading.....I will LOVE anything you send :-)

5 comments:

Debi said...

Hi Jenn-

What a nice thing to do!! Awesome RAOK!
Thanks for the compliments on my Kerchief. You can get the KIT at www.foxyknits.com
The pattern is not sold seperately, you have to buy a kit that comes with one skein of Koigu, complimentary beads and the pattern in a plastic sleeve.

Hope this helps, thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how spoiled we are here...my SP is in South Africa, and she desperately wanted Kool-Aid and bamboo needles, things found in abundance where I live!

Pammi said...

That was so nice of you to bless this person, it sounds like you made her day,week,year, you name it. Good blessing back to you for your kindness.

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of you to send her what she needed! It's really good to hear of things like that. I know it made your day!

- MJ

eyeleen said...

You have a very generous heart. What a wonderful RAOK!