Well, there won't be any knitting in this house for a few days. Not only won't there be any knitting going on, there won't be much of anything going on that requires the use of my left hand. I badly burned my first three fingers on that hand.
I was heating up a bowl of baked potato soup (my favorite) for lunch in the microwave. When I took it out and pulled back the ling wrap, the steam burned me. I wouldn't want to type the words that came out of mouth. That happened at 11 am....here it is 4:30 and my fingers are still in a glass of cold water. The pain is so bad! I have never had a burn like this before...it has turned white and I think there is a blister coming. The only relief from the pain is when it's in the water......falling asleep tonight is gonna be fun huh?
Not only do I do this to myself today, but my children are sick. Katie has a fever...and I am sure tomorrow it will be a cold, and Ben has an ear infection. What I wouldn't give to go back to lunch time and not burn my fingers....then I could cuddle my poor sick babies with 2 hands!