Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm a Leper

Why oh Why do I have to get every illness that the children get? Even the ones that the doctors say that adults don't get?

I have Hand Foot and Mouth. Katie and James had a little fever last week, Ben had a fever and a sore, ONE SORE, on his tounge last week. Now all children are fine. I on the other and have huge blisters on the bottom of my feet, small ones on my fingers, and my mouth is like raw meat. I can't eat, I can't drink, it hurts to even talk.

A call to the Doc confirms what I have. She is AMAZED that I have it as an adult. And I think she finds it funny that I got it the most severe.

I would have no idea what I had if I wasn't told that it was going around the preschool when I dropped her off this morning. (Yes there is sill school after graduation...California is screwy) Gee, guess that could be why I keep getting blisters in places that I shouldn't.

So I am sitting on my butt, knitting some but the blisters get in the way, and being HUNGRY. Really, any ideas what I can "eat" through a straw? And anything with tomatoes, OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I just keep repeating 5 to 7 days, 5 to 7 days.......God help me.......

No comments: