Thursday, May 18, 2006

SP8 Questions.

Thought I should get this posted for you SP!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like everything except really scratchy wool. I am pretty sensitive to the scratchiness of wool. For example, I can make bags and such out of Noro but can't imagine putting it on my skin!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have some handmade poutches for my needles.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've only been knitting for a little over a year. I have been WATCHING knitting my whole life :-) My Mother has been knitting since she was a child. I would call myself an advanced beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do. I think I have 2 under different emails. hummmm. Email me if you really want to know.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love food scents. Pumpkin pie, apple, banana bread, ect candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Ummm YES! Peanut Butter Cups are my fav, with tootsie rolls close behind.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin, I do cross stitch but haven't done any in a while. I just don't have time.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all kinds of music. My Itunes is filled with mostly country but there are a few rap songs and a lot of pop and alternative as well.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My Fav colors are a soft pink and soft yellows. But I like blues, purples, and greens also. I can't stand bright reds, muted reds are OK, but bright reds are NEVER worn by me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have 3 kids. Ages 4, 3, and 15 months. Sometimes I have another child as well.... he's 42 :-)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? No ponchos, but I do wear hats, mittens and scarves. Swiveling snow is cold work :-)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks ;-)

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks :-) and I am getting ready to start my first sweater, Green Gable.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It really depends. I love all my wood ones, but addi's have their place too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No and No

17. How did you learn to knit? My Mother

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 and a half years. It's the Irish Hiking scarf. I just need to finish it!

19. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving and Halloween. It's my fav time of year, and I love getting together with family at Thanksgiving!

20. Is there anything that you collect? Wow, Yes there is. I collect Wades that you get in Red Rose tea, and all country cows, willow tree angels, Wedgewood Jasperware....I am sure there is more :-)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I just signed up for Interweave a few days ago, but that's the only magazine subscription that I have. There isn't anything that I can say I have to have. I do love the gathering of lace book. I got it for my Mom for Christmas. It was hard to part with :-)

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I think I would like to try Magic Loop. My friend Catherine loves it, and it seems to go faster than DPN's.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I am. I wear a 7.5 shoe and I am too lazy to get up to get the tape measure :-)

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) Jan 8th. I share it with Elvis.

No comments: